An Effective CCR Profile
Your CCR profile is one of the most important vehicles you have to market yourself and your business. Carefully consider what information you put in your profile, and use these points as guides:
- Familiarize yourself with the Central Contractors Registration database at https://www.bpn.gov/ccr/.
- Perform a search as if you were looking to hire your firm.
- Analyze the profiles of firms in your area of expertise and use them as a guide when developing your profile. These will undoubtedly be your competitors.
- Determine those aspects of your competitors’ profiles that are effective and use them as a guide when developing your own profile.
- Regularly review, update, and strengthen your profile.
- When you meet with federal contracting officers and other potential buyers ask them for a frank appraisal of your CCR profile.
From Opening Doors: Small Business Opportunities in Federal Government Contracting, U.S. Small Business Administration.